HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Made The Wausau Daily Herald!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 11:23 PM
turkeyhunter_15

Default RE: Made The Wausau Daily Herald!!!!!!!

I've known him many years now. I spend alot of time with him. I consider him as almost my father. Because he's really the closest thing to a father figure I have. He tought me how to be a man. And got me to be a young hard working kid and a respectable one at that. Wich was alota work. I was a snot nosed punk.
He told me all about in 1991 when the UWSP came to his place and disscused the release of 9 turkeys on his land. He had no problem with it. They released the turkeys that came from Missouri (sorry on spelling if wrong)
He watched them in his feilds from the house everyday pickin the bugs. Winter was starting and UWSP was going there often with spotting scopes and radars to locate the turkeys. Most of the time they roosted on his land. They would watch the turkeys in his feild and take notes of there habits and patterns. Then Spring came. Richard bought a turkey call. wich to this day he uses. Lohman 870 (his baby) And got the turkeys to gobble and strutt in his feild. Exentually the college students stop coming to his home and the turkeys took off big time. When turkey hunting started they actually came to decoys. And wernt call shy. Things change!
I'm just thankfull to have such an awsome role model. This Sunday (23rd) Him and I are going to Wyoming. Hopfully we fill our tags