HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need Help cant find a BH that shoot wherth a crap
Old 04-16-2006, 04:07 PM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need Help cant find a BH that shoot wherth a crap

Do you have an arrow spinner to check alignment of the broadheads, and straightness of the arrows? Just my experience, but in a few months of daily or at least 3 days per week shooting, the accuracy of my Axis arrows went downhill pretty badly. When I got them new, only 3 out of the dozen did not spin very true. After 3 months of shooting 6 of them, only one spun decent anymore. You may not see that much difference with field pts, but with broadheads it will make a bigger difference. I had a similar experience with ACCs. I was shooting broadheads with the ones I had left over from about 2 years. When I made a very good shot with broadheads, the hit was right on. Seemed like any little bobble, and they were way off. Got a new 1/2 dozen, and I couldn't believe how much easier it was to shoot well with broadheads. IME, arrows are way more important to accuracy than most seem to think. Two years is a long time to shoot arrows (even carbon) and still expect them to shoot broadheads well.[&:]