HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ultra mag with a Millet Scope
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 02:34 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default Ultra mag with a Millet Scope

This is what the new Ultra Mag looks like with a Millet Buck Silver mounted on Weaver bases with Warne Quick Release rings. I've been so busy this week I dropped the rifle off at a gun smith and told him to mount it. I told him not to remove the rear sight. As I see it, there is no reason to have quick release rings when you have no sights in the rifle.

Well I picked it up today and was a little concerned about how far the rifle sat back on the rifle. Even the gunsmith told me he could not get it any further forward and suggested if it does not work out, I might want to change scopes..

So I took the rifle home. Of course the weather was raining, but that never stopped me. I set the target out at 50 yards and was using Kleenbore 209 Primers as the ignition system. The load was 90 grains of Goex 3f (I figured if I was going to take a shot between the eyes might as well make it good) a 1/16th wad and the 460 grain No Excuses.

I got smacked a couple times when I was not paying attention.. but if you hold on to it, all it does is knock your hat around. I was pleased with the accuracy. Although, a few more raps between the eyes and I might have to change scopes...