HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BLR Caliber
Thread: BLR Caliber
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 10:31 AM
BareBack Jack
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BLR Caliber

Spud,
I'm a firm beliver that bigger is better,if I was to get a BLR,wich I'm doing as we speak(or type)I would go with the 270 WSM.The reason I say this is it's ability to drive a 150 gr bullet faster than the standard 270 win.
The 270 wsm would make a good cross-over rifle for plains deer and antelope to timber elk.Since you have been hunting with the Turdy-Turdy,you know your range I assume and no how to close the distance to make the shot.
If thinking it's going to be alittle light,look to the 300 wsm it's even better than the 270 wsm on elk and comes in your short cycle lever.
Top it off with a good 2-7 varible scope and have some good hunting.
I have killed elk with the 300 wsm and it did a relible job,and after watching a freinds wife totaly crap-can a bull last with the 270 wsm at 300 yds I would have full confidence with it also.
The fun of buying a new gun is the choices,there is always my absolutly favorite caliber the .338 win mag,but since you can't get it in the BLR,the 325 might be just as good,hhhhhhhhmmmmI might have to change my mind on that 270 wsm.
BBJ