HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart
Thread: Wal-Mart
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Coyotestalker

Default RE: Wal-Mart

All this fighting about Wal-Mart......Kinda funny, and kinda sad. If you shop at Wal-Mart, great, good for you, and if you don't , great as well. But damn, if you have to bring a pseudo-commerce debate, email each other privately. There is something about free will, and I personally choose not to shop at Wal-Mart. Local reason or not, my choice. Now back to the question at hand about Wal-Mart having nothing in stock. Its all about the voices above in management. they are the ones that really control inventory, marketing, and profit control. I have talked to many hunters, especially in the turkey realm, and have found that the local Wal-Marts here were not stocking the 3-inch or 3 1/2 inch shells. It all came down to profits. The local Wal-Marts and K-Marts decided that only a few during the season were buying the shells, and were not selling as many as the darn 2 and 3/4 sizes. So it brings the answer of management again. that is why for ammo, I stick to reloading, unless its a rimfire, but then I still go to LGS. And for any further stuff, the internet has become a great tool for product locating.....Whatever you do, do it for you.