HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BowTech Pros and Cons
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 08:57 PM
TerryM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BowTech Pros and Cons

I'm unable to comment about the 'cons' in the USA, but here in Canada, I would say a 'con' would be the un-availability of warranty replacements parts at most of BowTech dealerships. It seems for us here in Canada, it is much easier to get replacement limbs,etc for a BowTech bow from the USA, than it is to get it here--as it takes quite a long time.
BowTech should INSIST that the dealers here carry some amount of spares for their bows OR at least have the ability to get these parts in a 'reasonable' amount of time. I feel too much emphasis is focued on 'selling new bows' and very little notice is given to the unfortunate guys who've got to wait, sometimes months, to have their bows repaired.
I would honestly love to see more attention given to the availability and the replacement of parts for their bows here in Southern Ontario--in my view, this is a burning problem. JMHO.
On the other hand, like one of the mods mentioned, the pros are many.
I agree. What Bowtech has to do is deal directly with the proshops when repairs and warranty work are necessary. The whole process of having to go through a distributor might make business sense for selling new product but only seriously slows everything down on repair work. Its just another step. I know what particular bow you are probably talking about and quite frankly I would have switched to another brand except for the fact that the other regional wholesaler that reps Hoyt and Mathews is everybit as slow from what some shops have told me. I was considering a Switchback and was quoted 8 weeks delivery which in the real world we unfortunately know can mean 16 weeks or more