HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission
Old 04-05-2006, 08:01 PM
vtbuckrulrss
Fork Horn

Default RE: Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission

here is .02 from someone who has never hunted in PA. : a number of years ago, here in vermont they allowed spotlighting. it lasted only one year, i believe. poaching skyrocketed, homeowners trying to sleep were awakened by 2million candlepower lights shining in their bedroom windows. i lived in virginia for a year, where it was legal to do, but overall, but the losses incurred from poaching activities doesn't make up for the benefits of watching the deer, i just don't feel there is a good, viable reason for it to continue.
as for the semi ban, again, as an outsider looking in, i can tell you that here we have a very low rate of hunter accidents, amongst the tops in the country, and we allow semi's. perhaps if people are having lead thrown at them, PA should allow shotguns only. it least it will shorten the distances people will shoot, hopefully allowing them to be a little bit more selective in their shots.
i like the pheasant idea, but in this day and age where people are getting nervous about the bird flu, i think you might have a hard time getting the state to allow the private raising of the birds.
and oh yeah, get rid of your sunday hunting ban!