HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is Black Widow Woth The Price ????
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 08:37 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Is Black Widow Woth The Price ????

I've got my asbestos drawers on, so I'll take it a step further and clarify, but first I'll say again--only you can decide if it's worth it to you, and you will have to be honest with yourself.

I stand by my statement that they are, among the better built bows today, very average. This is leaving my personal opinions out of it. Compare the speed, draw force curve, warranty,etc. to other good bows and you will see what I mean. Search around for some tournament scores, and see what kind of bows the winners shot.

There's lots of GREAT bows on the market these days. Do yourself a favor--don't get in a hurry, don't get hung up on a name or a price range,and shoot as many different ones as you can. Places like Denton Hill and Cloverdale are great for checking out lots of different bows in one spot.

I don't know for a fact, but I read recently that BW puts out less than 1,000 bows a year. That leaves awhole lot of room for "most everyone else". I know alot of traditional archers, from beginners to some of the top-ranked IBO shootersalong withsome excellent hunting archers.Most of them have shot and/or owned a BW at one time or another. Most of them don't shoot one now--I can only think of maybe 4 off the top of my head. Not because they aren't a very well built bow, there issimply no one bow that is "best" for everyone. Depends on who you ask obviously.

And again, if you pick one up and it fits you/shoots for you like no other, it's worth the money. Heck, it may be worth it to you just because you have wanted one for so long.

Good luck, and hope you have a safe trip.

Chad