HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is Black Widow Woth The Price ????
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 12:58 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Is Black Widow Woth The Price ????

Only you can answer that question.

From one standpoint you could say "no", because they don't cost any more to produce than most any other quality bow, and should be a bit less with the labor saved by the CNC. They aren't head and shoulders above any other good bow--going strictly "by the books" (leaveing personal preferances out of it), they are very average among today's bows.

On the other hand, if it fits you and you shoot it like no other, and it won't cause you financial troubles, then it's worth every penny and then some.

My personal opinion is no, they aren't worth it to me. I've had a couple, and shot lots more. I don't own one anymore, and won't unless I just find a deal I can't refuse, and then I'd just trade it or sell it. BUT, that's just my opinion. I've shot several that some folks raved about that just didn't impress me in the least.

Resale is good, but in my experience no better than most any other bow. Sure, you can sell a used one for $500-$600, but percentage-wise it's no better than selling a $400 bow for $200-$250.

Good luck, and have fun with it!

Chad