HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Poll: Elk Cartridge Preferences
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 12:27 PM
ShatoDavis

Default RE: Poll: Elk Cartridge Preferences

Let me ask a question of everyone:

How many times can you say that you felt the recoil when shooting at game? I never do. Maybe its adrenaline or something but I never feel it. Also, My ears never ring when shooting at game. I wear ear protection when target shooting etc and on the occasions that I've forgot to put on my muffs my ears rang like crazy. Now when I'm hunting I never wear ear protection, never have. I've never had my ears ring after shooting at game. i was just wondering if anyone else has these same experiences.

My point is this: It might hurt a little on the range but that doesn't mean anything in the field. My 120 lbs 14 year old can shoot a 300 win mag off the bench and shoot it well. After about 5 rounds he says that his shoulder is tender, but in the field it should only take one.

I wonder how many of the Anti Magnum posters are just scared. Let me tellyou this also: A 300 win magfitted with a LimbSaver recoil pad has little if any more recoil than a 270 (without the pad obviously). I suggest them all the time for the "recoil sensitive". Heck, I even have one on my 338. Now its certainly not a pleasure to shoot like a 223, or 22 hornet, or 221 firebal but it is definately do-able.