HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Slick Tricks and Elk?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 07:00 AM
BobCo19-65
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Slick Tricks and Elk?

I really find any research that you have done suspect.

Plus 5 SHOTS test said they're dull.
Didwe reading the same test results? Did you actually read 5-shots test results?

5-shot:
Blade sharpness is very good and accuracy is outstanding.
http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html

BTW, theblades I used were sharp (now I'm not saying sharpest on the market) and needed no additional sharpening. I no longer use the broadhead since I have gone 100% traditional and prefer a cut on contact head.The slick trickblades are very thick, close to twice the thickness of aMuzzy, so I can understand how maybe they give the appearance of maybe not being as sharp as a thinner blade. I like the thickness of the blade since it can withstand a lot of practice. The thinest blade that I have everbought was on a rocket buckblaster (fixed blade), but the blade wasn't worth a hoot for durabilitybut it was sharp.I shot it into a target once and bent it. Theslick trick bladesI had could shave easily - for whatever that is worth, and on the three deer that I killed with the head, I had very good penetration, and blood trails.

That is why I really wonder about your biasness, misquoted statement, and overall opinion.