HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hog Hunting Trip w/ pics
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 04:53 PM
MO_Bowhnter

Default RE: Hog Hunting Trip w/ pics

Ok well here's a full story on both hunts.

The first pig was taken Friday night. Had several groups of pigs coming in throughout the afternoon but none that presented a decent shot. About 6:15 a group of 5 nice size hogs came in. They stood out about 25 yds but it seemed a little farther as it was getting kinda dark. My first shot I missed over the back of a nice 125 lb hog. They ran off but one circled back around to about 15 yds. I hit him pretty good and he ran about 60 yds.

The second hog was taken on saturday night. Me and my friend hunted a buddy stand with the intent to get some video footage. After talking for a few minutes when we first sat down, we decided to instead try to get a double as they usually come in in bigger groups. About the same time, around 6:30 about 25 little hogs under 25 lbs came in and started eating. About 6 nicer sized hogs were hanging back in the brush. As they started to make there way in, I got ready. They worked towards us, stopping every 5 steps or so and looking around. Finally they got in and started eating. I drew and heart shot the biggest one in the bunch at 15 yds. She ran about 30 yds. My friend didn't get a chance to make it a double because there was not another hog quite big enough that he wanted to take.

Equipment
Bowtech Liberty
Gold Tip XT hunters
Magnus Stingers

Those stingers sure put a hurting on them pigs. It was my first time using them and I think they will be in my quiver next fall.

There you go guys a full story of each hunt.