HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why doesn't Hoyt advertise %let-off?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why doesn't Hoyt advertise %let-off?

If you've got bad shoulders, high letoff is the last thing you want to be attracted to. I'm convinced that what finished off my shoulders was the intensedraw force curves and high letoffsthey're putting on cams these days. Tugging peak weight from just a few inches into the draw until just an inch or two from the letoff; then hitting that high letoff - going from pulling 70 pounds to 15 - and then slamming into the wall before I could control the letoff. It hurts![:@]

Trying to slowlyeasethe cam over the break and into the letoff was almost as bad.

What someone with aging or otherwise questionable shouldersneeds - and this may not be what you want to hear because it's not going to be a high performance speed burner -is a mild cam. One that increases it's draw gradually with a short dwell at peak and a gradual letoff into the valley so you can control how hard you come into the wall.

Since you're interested in Hoyt, then I'll give you a specific recommendation. Look at Hoyt's bows that offer theWheel 1/2.