HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???

Most of my bows are set at 70#@30". I shoot 31" 2219 shafts with fingerswhen I do my initial bowtuning, and they shoot real good.

For hunting I use a mechanical release and switch to a faster carbon arrow.
After all these threads and 'discussions' we've been in about the wb as a fingers rest, Arroman, I've always assumed you were actually shooting broadheads and hunting with that 'great hunting rest' using a fingers release. Now, lo and behold, your hunting setup with it is using a release!

And you don't really do much fingers shooting with it at all, it seems. Just a bit of preliminary tuning? [:-]

Well, haven't we been hornswaggled! [8D]

I can well understand the horizontal stringing you describe when everything isn't set just perfect for a fingers release with the wb. Of course, it's just a little stringing with field points. Broadheads? Might not even hit a target butt. Could be that's one big reason why you hunt with a release, huh?

I know I could set up a wb well enough to shoot decent with field points, using afine, fingertip grip on the string,but I wouldn't trust a wb with broadhead arrows and fingers release either.

Bottom lines always need to be looked at from several angles. Sometimes you find one fella's bottom line is drawn a bit too shallow.