HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Worst Day in The Woods... whats your
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 10:49 AM
DennyF
Typical Buck

Default RE: Worst Day in The Woods... whats your

Coulda been the year I hunted doe all morning in a torrential sleet storm, got thoroughly soaked and near froze to death. But it wasn't, because I eventually crawled into a briar-infested patch of hemlocks and shot a bedded doe as it arose.

Mighta been the time I forgot to remove the peep sight insert from one of my Marlins and managed to miss two chip shots at doe while still hunting in a storm,before realizing some dingbat (me),had put the insert backin the rear sight. Did manage to get one later that day inthe fierce windstorm with the same rifle, insert removed.

Theyear it rained on opening day of both buck and does seasons, got nice and wet, slipped and slid down over a muddy bank in buck, spent an entire week at campand never did get a shot atone, might qualify as the worst day or twoin the woods. Made up for it by shooting a baldy on my way back to the cabin after havingspent all morning with rain running down my neck on opening day.

Spent almost twohours on stand in doe season one year in Tioga Co. when it was about 20ยบ below on opening day. Goodreminder to finally buy apair of real insulated/waterproof boots, so it wasn't a total loss. Up until then I was still wearing Browning greenies. Kept the feet dry, didn't have enough insulation to amount to anything.

I think the worst day ever spent in the woods must still beahead, 'cause I ain't really had one yet.

[8D]