HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Worst Day in The Woods... whats your
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 06:52 AM
wny_hunter

Default Worst Day in The Woods... whats your

Several years back, while on my annual bear hunting trip to the Adirondacks, luck was going my way and was able to put a bruin in the cross-hairs. Well as my luck goes, I totally missed the bear and did nothing but kick dust up under him belly. Later that day I checked the accuracy of my scope and discovered it was 6" to the left and 18" down at 100 yards!! It wasn't until I returned from the trip that I discovered what happened. About 2 weeks prior to the trip my brother borrowed my .308 for the day... he also took a .22. He had been plinking all afternoon with the .22 and was just resting the stock on his forearm while plinking. When he switched to the .308 he did the same thing... just rested the stock on his forearm. When he fired the first shot it rammed the scope in his forehead, thus knocking it out of alignment. I should of known something was up by the strange circular indent of his forehead at the time. Well anyway I had my chance for a bear but luck wasn't totally on my side that day. Lesson learned... ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SIGHTS BEFORE THE HUNT.