HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help explaining hunting to girl friend???
Old 10-28-2002, 12:49 PM
TxCowboy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help explaining hunting to girl friend???

Best bet is to take her with you on a beautiful day of hunting. Hopefully she is rational enough to see the beauty and peacefulness of the outdoors.

As for the amount of time you get to hunt, I think you are going to have to compromise. If you are at school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, hunt Tuesday and Thursaday morning, also hunt Friday evening, Saturday and sometimes Sunday, when do you have any time for her? I'll be honest, that is alot of hunting, probably 2 or 3 times as much as most folks get to do. I can see where she might be a little upset and at the same time I can seee why you want to be in the woods. You will just have to compromise if you want to stay with her. If hunting is more important than her, tell her and let her get on with her life.

My advice would be to hunt on Tues. and Thurs. mornings (she's working at the time) then hunt on Saturday morning and maybe Sunday morning OR evening. That will give you 4 good hunts in a week and still leave you with alot of spare time to spend with her. Good luck!

--------------------------------------------
Hunting the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas.