HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you look for in an archery shop?
Old 03-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Buellhunter

Default RE: What do you look for in an archery shop?

Thanks for all the replies!
I am thinking a shop with a 3D range that simulates hunting situations more than most.
Setups for the shot that would include fences,brush,tree branches that partially block the target,elevated shooting positions to simulate tree stand shooting,ranges from 10-50 yards. Tree stand platform dimensions taped off on the elevated portion with poles to imitate the treeso you have to shoot some from in front,some to the side and some behind the "tree" like it often happens while actually hunting.
Simulated ground blinds on some ofthe floor level stations where you need to shoot from sitting or kneeling positions.
Make it as much like hunting as possible and change things around every month to keep it fresh,fun and challenging.
Timed competitions where you hurry from station to station to get the heart rate up and add pressure to the shot to imitate the "buck fever heartbeat"

Thinking10 stations where you shoot 5 arrows so 50 arrows per round. Also a regular range for those that just want to shoot their bow,sight in and so on. Of course paper tuning and a chono available.

Mathews(my currentbow brand) and Bowtech are already spoken for in my area so I am thinking more of newcomers like Ross as a bow brand to represent.

Sound like fun?