HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Arrows, Speed, etc. etc.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:45 PM
sngehl01

Default Questions about Arrows, Speed, etc. etc.

I shoot a Parker Ultra Lite 31 right now, and I am shooting pretty quick but I know I can boost my speed. I don't care about knockdown power, I want to get as much speed out of my bow as I can. I just want to shoot flatter, and I just like the whole speed thing, I don't like seeing my arrow float through the air. This is not my regular hunting bow (Alpine Ridgerunner accompanies me in my stand), so sound isn't a huge issue. Here are the spec's
Factory IBO : 310 fps
AMO Draw Length : 29"
Draw Weight : 64#
Arrows : PSE Radial X-Weave 8.6 GPI @ 27.5 Inches
Tip : 75 Grain Field Point
Mechanical Release, string loop for drawing, string leeches (two), peep sight (with tube), and three brass knocks placed near the cam and idler wheel (supposed to help with speed, can't tell if it is... might have them in the wrong spots).

Besides the obvious of increasing draw weight, what can I do to up the speed. I plan on using a tubeless peep soon, and I am gonna switch over to some lighter arrows (as light as I can get, whether Aluminum, Carbon, or A/C/C)

Any Suggestions? Any ideas how fast I'm shooting? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.