HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stopped by Fox Ridge Outfitters today.
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 04:34 AM
Doug S

Default RE: Stopped by Fox Ridge Outfitters today.

That rifle is not all that new, T/C put out one called a White Mountain Carbine in the early 90's, looks exactly like the FRO that is pictured. Only differences I can tell is that the twist on the WMC was faster and the bbl was half actogon and half round=lighter!

I bought mine about 1991, at the time I was looking for a hunting gun and had pretty much settled on the Renegade. I went to the local gun store to get one, they had just recieved their first WMC and had it layingon the counter. Like someone above said, it pops right up to your shoulder and is a pure joy to carry all day, especially when walking the thick stuff, did I mention it shoots great!! Even though it's not all that traditional, when I'm old and feable and it's time to sell off some of my guns, that little WMC will be the lastMl'r standing in my safe.

I'm gonna give them a call and see if the bbl's for the FRO fit in the WMC and if they have a 1:66 in .54, the WMC twist is to fast for roundballs with hunting loads..

Doug