HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Snakes and Getting In Stand Before Dawn?
Old 03-20-2006, 08:58 PM
funeralplanner1

Default RE: Snakes and Getting In Stand Before Dawn?

One Fall probably 15yrs ago or so, I was picking up some leaves from under some plants in the yard, and found a snake..... I was 15 or so and knew a lot about the snakes in the area, but never saw one like that.I first thought it may have been a kingsnake. Itsheadlooked different to me and was VERY aggressive. I managed to pick it up with my bare hands, and put it in a glass tank. I put the tank on my dads car, went inside to get my snake book, came back out, and it was gone.... I looked through some pictures, and to my surprise it was a copperhead. I live in OH, and was inthe northern mostregion for copperhead snakes from what the little picture shows in the books. Anyways, I know what you are talking about aggressive if touched. WOW. It was about 2ft in length and VERY thick. A lot different than my typical garter snake that I was used to playing with. Anyways, just wanted to share the story, and agree with you about the attitude of the Copperhead. I don't care to EVER see one of those again in the wild.

Oh, yea, if I lived down south, I would without a doubt wear snake proofboots while hunting.