HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stopped by Fox Ridge Outfitters today.
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Pittsburghunter
Typical Buck

Default Stopped by Fox Ridge Outfitters today.

I was cruising down gun ally today and stopped into Fox Ridge Outfitters. ( I call the trip gun ally because within 1/2 hours drive you have Kittery Trading Post, Fox Ridge, Harvey's sporting collectables and the Ammo Dump.

Well seeing as though I needed a new front sight for the Omega to match the rear sight I decided Fox Ridge would be my stop of choice. I am very happy with the changes there and it is reflected in their new web sight if you have checked it out lately.

First rifle I checked out was the new Pro Hunter It was cool but not really my kind of gun. The stock looks very ergonomic and sticky for those wet/icy days in the field. I did not check out the new breech plug set up because I have the feeling I am going to stick with my trusty "old Encore" for years to come. I am concidering having some checkering done on that rifle as the walnut can get slippery when wet or cold with cotton gloves.

What I really wanted to check out was how they were doing sidelock wise after reading about the new models for sale on the website. So I asked to see their new FRO Carbine and the sales man said, " Do you want to look at the flintlock or percussion model"!!!! I was astounded and I can report to you that even this exellent little carbine comes in both flint and cap and also has a 1:66 option to boot. They also have many model options for the Renegade again and this store is beginning to look a little like it did 10 years ago. They had a few Omegas on the racks but mostly the sidelocks and Encores. They had racks of barrels and stocks for the Encore for every need. I was very impressed with how things looked and I will be shopping there for my next T/C Muzzleloader.

Back to my next m/l it will be the FRO Carbine in flint with 1:48 twist and standard finish. This rifle is so light and handy you would never need a sling for it. For no charge you can change the fiber optic sights out for standard sights and to top it all off the thing is is only $374 the way I want it. It is about $450 with the 1:66 twist. Less for percussion models of course.

I forgot to mention to any one interested the Pro Hunter was $750.

Oh btw I went in there to buy a new sight for the Omega, they gave it to me