HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t
Old 03-15-2006, 07:31 PM
LouisianaTomkat
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer

If you hunt on land that has "whatever" type of animal living on it, and that animal is not some kind of domesticated, trained circus animal, I dare you try and slip up on it. Man it just don't happen. I agree, I don't believe in hunting over timed feeders, just not right "to me". But if an animal has 6000 acres of land to roam around on, that is not a tame or trained animal. I have owned two deer in my life. Both yearling bucks. They were wild when we caught them as fawns and they were wild when we set them free. I'm not saying you can't tame a deer, but if they are not tame or trained,"to visit feeders", they will have to be hunted to be "harvested". I have to hunt 40 acres of my land that is surrounded by hunting clubs every season. The pressure from these clubs force deer into my area. Is that "penned" hunting? No, that is manmade circumstances that forces an animal to be in a certain area. (much like a rancher in Texas might fence in 100, 200, 500, 1000 acres of land and let deer live their and feed there.) Man made circumstances put alotof our deer within reach of us as hunters. I mean, if a guy hunts a 5 acre lot in the suburbs surrounded by houses, stores, etc., does that make those deer penned? No it does not and I guarantee you you will have to "hunt" those deer on that five acres. And if you aren't lucky or just plain good, you may not kill one all season. Well I guess that's just my 2 cents, but I can't stand for people to argue over such fruitless things as "OPINIONS". Just like ###holes everybody has one and it usually stinks, unless of course you are wearing scent lok.

LT