HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t
Old 03-15-2006, 02:36 PM
TXhighrack

Default RE: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer

MA JAY, and moderators dont lock this thread because I want to get the facts straight.............

First off, you need to get your facts straight or learn to keep your finger away from the keyboard. This is one thing that I HATE about hunting forums. Any dufus can come on and post anything that they want to make their opinion look better, then run off never to be heard from again.

You do realize that in Texas animals such as Red Stag and Goats, which were the critters in the pics at the start of this thread, are considered "domesticated farm anaimals" right?
FACT 1: Animals such as Red Stag, Corsican Rams, and Elk are not considered "domesticated farm animals" by the Texas P&WD. They are considered Exotic animals and have most of the same regulations that Native animals have.

Texas Parks and Wildlife does not have seasons on these animals
FACT 2: Texas is a damn fine state, we do not have to apply for or draw any tags. We do not have to wait around for years just to get a chance to go hunting like you have to do is many other states. There are ALOT of animals in Texas that are native and non-native which do not have a hunting season. Exotic animals can be hunted year around. Javelina (as native as they come), Mountain Lion (also very native) and the popular wild boar can ALL be hunted year around. In fact not only can mountain lion and hogs be hunted year around, but THERE is no bag limit on either species. And by law a hunter can only take 2 javelina a year, although we have no tags to use or anyway of documentiong the number that each hunter kills. So the fact that an animal does not have a season, has absoluty no bearing on weather the animal is a challenge to hunt.

do not require hunting licenses
FACT 3: You dont get out much do you?? You said over 4 times in your above post that Texas does not have a lic. that hunters must buy inorder to hunt exotics. That is, of course FALSE. All residents of Texas must buy and posses a valid hunting lic. to hunt ANY animal in the state of Texas. NonResidents MUST buy an EXOTIC HUNTING LIC. from the state of Texas. If they are only hunting 5 or less days, then they can buy a level A lic. If they are hunting more then 5 days in one calendar year then they must buy the standard nonresident lic. which goes for $350.

What exactly do you call a fenced in enclosure, other than a "pen"? Your pride in shooting penned animals is obvious from the passion in your tone. Does it matter the size of the pen? Do you only shoot animals in 5000 acre pens, what about 1000 acre pens, or 100 acre pens?
I hunt in an area of the country in which the vast majority of landholdings are BIG. I personally have never hunted on a private piece of land that was less then 2,000 acres in size. The largest high fenced ranch that I've ever hunted was 47,000 acres in size. The ranch next door to that one, also completley high fenced, covers over 125,000 acres. I do not hunt on small tracts of land, nor do any of the people I hunt with, because in this area that is simply not the norm....

Just asking you to please respect the whole concept of "HUNTING", alsoknown by some as the legalpursuit of wild and free ranging game
See your "concept of hunting" doesnt really mean squat to me. I personally will NEVER hunt on public lands, with the exception of some extremely remote area out west for elk or muledeer, but never for whitetail. I see all times of methods and tactics that people use to hunt whitetails, and I read stories about people hunting whitetails and game out west on public land. I personally have no desire to be associated with some of these people. So I guess I will send a PM to all of them and ask them to "please respect the whole concept of hunting" and not use that holly word of "hunting" anymore....

I'm not done yet, theres more on the next post........ read up...