HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer 2 drop t
Old 03-15-2006, 02:28 PM
GregH
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: GREAT HUNTING TRIP PICS !! awesome 12 pointer

I have never hunted in an enclosure of any kind. However, a 1000 acre or more enclosure, doesn't seem to me to be a "Pen". I would like to see MA Jay, just try to push a whitetail up against a fence in a 100 acre enclosure much less a 1000 or more acre enclosure. I don't think that it can be done. His total exageration of large enclosure hunts ( yes hunts ) is laughable. The animals on these enclosures are not domesticated. There is no such thing as a domesticated whitetailed deer. They may be pen raised, but they are not domesticated. Also these animals are not raised like cattle. !000 or more acres is more than enough to sustain a herd of animals without the aid of human feeding. I personally do see a difference between a large enclosure hunt and a canned shooting event called a hunt. I don't understand some peoples need to chastise or belittle someone else because of the wat they hunt! If this was a canned event where you picked your animal out of a book or a pen to shoot it would be different. But to me hunting on such large enclosures does not seem to be a walk in the park that some of these people make it out to be. It sounds like they have no experience what so ever to back up these ridiculous statements. As far as hunting trophy animals goes, I would think that most people would know that P & Y and B& C doesn't recognize animals taken in enclosures before they went in and hunted. To some, listing an animal in the record books is not a concern. A quality hunt may take precedance. I feel that as long as someone is doing something that is legal, while hunting, and not against my beliefs, I'll congradulate them. If they are doing something legal. but against my beliefs, I'll say nothing at all. I will not chastise or belittle anyone for doing something that is legal.