HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fine tuning ?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 08:32 AM
NY Harvester
Fork Horn

Default Fine tuning ?

part -1
Been shooting with various BH's at 20yds. very consistant hits, results seem to be inch or 2 to the right.
Shooting FP's very good out to 30yd. at 20 yds. seem to be 1 or 2" to the left.
I adj. sight 1/16" to right , no noticable diff. with FP's better result with BH's, but not quite enough.
My question is this: should I move the sight again, ever so slight & check the results OR perhaps move the rest tiny bit OR just work on form and adj. for BH's during season?

part-2

Continuing on my journey for excellence; Finally got a chance to do the paper tuning.I am now only using the x-weaves I am getting a right and high tear , that is like the letter "Y" the upper right portion of the letter is torn abruptly to the R. I moved the rest a click at a time( per Easton's guide) all the way with no change in paper tear. at this point I moved it back to where it was and moved on to bareshaft-ing.
Shot 3 fletched arrows at 20 yds., then shot 2 bareshafts . the bareshafts impact 8" high and right of the fletched arrows. I did this several times to be sure. Ok, Easton's guide says move the nock point up, I did this about 3/16" and shot again. The fletched arrows dropped about a foot and the bare shafts were still 8- 10 " high of those. I moved the nocking point up another bit 1/4 " this time.
Fletched arrows Waay low approx. 1 1/2 ' bare shafts still high. This last step cost me an arrow , and now I'm back to original nock point.

So there you have it. I am going back to square 1 and will shoot the same arrows with fp's till satisfied with L-R impact. Then move back to the BH's and try again , If i cannot get the same point of impact by moving sight pin/ or arrow rest. I will have to adjust the sight for this coming turkey season, then back to fp's for 3D, then back to Bh's for deer....seems it may get to be a bit of PIA.
Could this be a specific (cam/ axle/ bow) issue?