View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 10:57 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Rest

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: wineguy

BigJ12,

Here is a photograph of one of my arrows nocked. Do you think this is enough room in the biscuit?

Thanks.

Unless that photo is deceiving me I would say your WB is not setup very well. It looks like your bristles are getting worn out a little high and slightly right(the pic is looking from the arrow tip correct??)........this would indicate your arrow is not going through the hole straight.

Shouldn't make a difference on the draw as far as noise goes but maybe those toasted bristle ends are what is noisy??
I agree with atlas.

Ithink someone had done some "trimming" to the biscuit. This is not needed if the correct size is used.

I also think (unless the photo is deceiving) there is NOT enough room as well. If you look closely at the diagramon page 3you will see that only the very bottom of the arrow should be touching the biscuit. There is daylight almost all the way around.

On my set up my arrow rests on the black part only. It is very accurate and causes no damage to even the cheapest of vanes. When I was using the medium opening my vanes would wrinkle slightly. I was able to fix the problem by switching to better quality vanes. Since I switched to the large opening...no problems and like I said not even with cheap vanes.

You don't need to buy a new rest just go out and get the larger biscuit only (they are sold separately) theycost about $10.00 - $12.00 around me.

What size arrows are you using? You should probably use a large or extra large biscuit depending on the size of your aluminum arrows. For most carbons large is the ticket.