HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lone wolf sticks and hang on?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Mike Hill
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lone wolf sticks and hang on?

I agree with BB I always use climbing sticks and fixed position stands. I used to use API Quick sticks and exspensive stands but I got tierd of paying all that money and haveing them stolen or having to worry about them wasen't worth it. Now I just buy cheap stands from wall-mart for about $50.00 and the climbing sticks from Dicks for about $30.00. This equipment works fine and is comfortable. Carrying it in is a little heavier but if you make back pack straps for the stand and useing the straps from the sticks wrap them tight around the stand its like carring the same. And I got to tell you I'm 52 years old and have no problem carring them and neither does my 70 year old hunting partner. Because you didn't spend an arm and a leg on the stuff you can afford more then just a couple so yo can set up in multipul spots and play the wind. And there's noting more quite then having yur stand all set up when you get there. One other thing if you are in an area where you think there is a thief its easy to lock your stand and take the ladder down. The stand is safe not many people are going to go through the trouble to get somthing to climb up to get a Wal-Mart stand. And setting up the ladder only takes a min. Good Luck which ever way you go Miuke