HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?
Old 03-10-2006, 07:33 AM
gonzodemon

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

i say baiting should be legal in all areas and leave it up to the individual to bait or not. but i also wonder if people who are so strongly against baiting use any doe in heat or dominant buck scents. you see these are baits. they just apeal to a differant part of the body not the stomach. also planted food sources just for hunting over them is baiting any way you look at it. a lot of people use products that inhance the chance of getting a deer but then complain about the next guy doing the same type of thing with some differances. unless you hunt from the ground or climb a tree with no assistance,make your own bow and arrows,use no optics,use no scents or scent elimination products, wear no comercialy baught camo,use no atv's, basicly its just you a stick and a string hunting . unless you refrain from using any advantage . how can we gripe about the next guys methods as long as they are legal. if its legal in your area and you want to bait i think you should. if its not legal and you want to bait get a petition started to change the laws. this reminds me of a piece of scripture.
LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE. it seems that most of the people who are against baiting and voice it loudly believe they are correct but if they step back and look at themselves they will see they are using some sort of bait. whether it be doe urine or some smelly product like vanila or some fruity extract. but since its not food they dont see anything wrong with it. i say bait is bait. whether it apeals to a deers stomach or his reproductive instincts. i hear people say fear of disease. texas baits more than any other state and we dont have diseased deer in any area that i am aware of. if we do its isolated cases and we never see epidemics. but i do hear of disease in states that have no baiting. no baiting seems a flawed logic on the disease issue.