HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dedicated Rifled Slug Guns...
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 07:20 PM
jcchartboy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dedicated Rifled Slug Guns...

Thanks Wolf,

Although I purchased the Tar-Hunt a few months ago I justpicked it up from my dealer two weeks ago. I have been doing extensive load testing and range work on my muzzleloaderfor an upcominghuntnext month, soI have not even had a chance to scope the gun yet, let alone a range test...

Once you begin discusing guns of this caliber the accuracy really becomes acedemic. The reality is most of these guns are more accurate than the shooter pulling the trigger.

It is for that reason that aesthetics and "feel" become so important in these guns. Having owned three different A-bolt shotguns I expected the Tar-hunt to handle in a similar manner. I could not have been more wrong!

In my opinion what really what makes the Tar-hunt is the Mcmillan stock. From the forearm design, to the cheek piece, right down to the integrated palm swell, I have never handled a smoother, faster pointing gun in my life. It really is a work of "art" if you will.

As far as shells...no, I don't shoot Lightfields. The Lightfieldsreally are at the bootom of the pack when compared to today modern sabot slugs.

I currently shoot the Remington Core Lokts in my Savage, although I have been testing the Hornady SST's as well lately. Based on my initial results I believe the Core Lokts are still the best slugs for that gun. They will also be my first choice when testing the Tar Hunt.