HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolves: Tell Me Again Why It Was A Good Idea.....
Old 03-08-2006, 09:39 AM
tangozulu
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wolves: Tell Me Again Why It Was A Good Idea.....

ORIGINAL: MTdrahthaar

First, you can keep your stinking sheep, I could care less, they aren't eating thousands of elk. Second, its only stupid to you because you can shoot your wolves, they aren't running amok "eating the efforts" of sportsmen in this country. Third, I don't know how your wildlife conservation budgets are set up. Our state game managers and agencies are funded almost entirely by selling licenses and fees from hunters and anglers. If huntable populations of elk are diminished to the point of losing licenses and fees like around Yellowstone and in Idaho, people won't buy those licenses and pay those fees if there is nothing to hunt. Hence no game managers etc. No its not stupid for us to be irritated.
You can keep the sheep, they were a gift.It seems to me that they must contributing to the budgets of your game departments too. I say again we have both wolves and lots of game.
In a few years you will be in this same chat room all excited about a wolf hunt in Montana or Colorado.
Too bad there seems to be no sence of humour left south of the border. Even with wolves there will be lots of elk to hunt next year.