HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - undercover wardens: when should they sting?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
AJ52
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: undercover wardens: when should they sting?

I'm confused as to how the "entrapment" theory comes into play here.

Did the UC put undo pressure on the perps to commit illegal act(s) where there was no prior evidence or suspision against the perps. Did the UC just pick these guys out the clear blue. From what I read here - I bet not.

Don't know about Maine,but the UC wildlife agents around here got there ducks in a row - they dot the I's and cross the T's.I'm sure they are all aware of the do's and don'ts with respect to entrapment.

They did a huge sting down here on the Maryland E.Shore 15+ yrs ago.As I recall the wildlife agent(s) was uncover in excess of a year. When he/they got thru alot of men went to jail - A big time UC bust with convictions that made all the papers.

Unless your the Pope with no prior record or inclination to commit a crime against wildlife then maybe its entrapment,otherwise you probably goin to jail with no pass.

BTW - down here they frequently set up mechanical deer in fields day or night.Many a hunter been busted shottin these deer.I heard about entrapment decades ago when they started these stings.All the guys I've heard of or read about never got out of it by the old "entrapment" defense.

Sounds to me like these boys up in Maine are in a heap of Dog-Doo.
Uness the UC wildlife agent was just plain stupid they might be goin to jail.