HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - which season is better?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 04:25 PM
old longbeards

Default RE: which season is better?

Honestly, i think it depends on what your trying to do....if you want to put a turkey in your freezer before the snow flies...then fall is a good time for that....the flocks are loaded with adolescent jakes and jennies..not to mention they tend to 'mill' more in the fall...as someone said...there's no pressure from the human predators. Not to mention, most states allow you to harvest either sex in the fallBut, you will be hard pressed to score on a big tom , your calling and woodsmanship will have to carry you to that harvest.
If your looking for the sport of turkey hunting, springtime is the way to go. The thrill of a typical spring season day is exhillarating. From putting the toms to bed the night before to outwitting them to the flydown locations (hoping your the only 'hen' they're looking for), the booming gobble as he comes into your setup from behind your tree, hearing the 'pfffft-whoooom' of his struts.....yikes...sorry...i was just living out one of my last hunts...lolol...sorry guys...anyway...take it for whuts it worth...you'll find the benefits in either season to fit your needs....good luck