HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Snowmobilers No friend of any WI Deer hunter
Old 01-12-2002, 09:35 AM
logs

Default RE: Snowmobilers No friend of any WI Deer hunter

There is a lot of truth that it is wrong to lump all of any one type of recreational group into one class or identity. The problem here was that this group, Im not exactly sure of its title, presented themselves as the spokes people for all WI SMers. Ms White, thier VP and one other spokes person for them went so far as to refer to 27 other states as part of the same organization but I don't think anyone bought that. Just as there are good and bad hunters, the ones that speak out in one form or another get the attention. This group was there represented themselves as the spokes people for all SMers.
That being said, if you hunt and SM you may want to check on the position of your club or any other group you belong to, to ensure you are being represented as you really want to be.
Also get on the phone or e-mail your representative and let your position be known. Have your Rep contact the members on the JCRAR committee in Madison and present your side of the issue.
When I walked into that meeting I did not harbor a bad feeling toward SM. I was cautious of thier presence and a bit uneasy. When I left, I knew I'd never let another SMer club on my land agiant unless they changed thier additude.
At the meeting I did not hear one SMer come forward and stand up agianst this group. I was not able to stay for the entire thing so I can't say it didn't happen. Maybe BigE or nub could tell you otherwise.