HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guided hunts
Thread: Guided hunts
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 12:59 AM
Irish Yankee

Default RE: Guided hunts

That would be the hunt that I would want.Take me out to the wilderness and let me scout the area that I am to hunt.I wouldn't care if my guide knew nothing about the area to hunt,as long as it was my hunt.I think we all should respect how everyone hunts... Times are changing and it's no longer about food,Can these same people survive if they was in the wild???I believe when it comes to hunting it is exactly what it means.
A canned hunt is for people who got the money and are looking for a fast trophy.
Hunting over bait is for people who want to change the pattern of deer to meet their needs in seeing deer when they want to...
Hunting leased land with food plots is the same as hunting over bait...The deer allways show up there without having much pressure on them..
Now a caged hunt of 10000+ acres where you pay to go into hunt,Withoutout a guide or stands and feeders and not allowed to hunt within 150 yrds of the fence.I consider this a wild hunt...
I am just trying to catch up on all the posts on, bait,canned and food plots...I do believe that if you want your child to become a hunter,You teach him in the wild...What can one learn about hunting if allways expect to see animals they are after if given to them?? Yes I would enjpy to see my child bag a deer or other animal..Not in a guaranteed way though..This is when you become the guide for them and teach them...