HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where is it headed (not to start an argument)
Old 02-28-2006, 05:16 AM
Wolfhound76

Default RE: Where is it headed (not to start an argument)

ORIGINAL: snowman69

Have any of you guys wondered where muzzleloading is headed? I mean for me I have been a long time hunter, Mostly rifle and recurve but last year I wanted to get into muzzleloading.

So I bought a Traditions Pursuit LT and it was a good rifle sorry I mean muzzleloader. Which I decided to sell only a few mths after I got it because I wanted something a little more traditional like a t/c hawkens.

Anyways what I am trying to get is when it comes to modern muzzleloaders the range of them keeps increasing and to me it seems that if I wanted to hunt with something can take down a deer out to 200-250yrds I would use my rifle. When I think of going hunting with a muzzleloader I think of getting close not as close as hunting with a bow but within 75yrdsand less at most 100yrds with open sights andwearing my buckskins and coyote fur hat and charcol on my face.

Please remember that I am not trying to pi$$ anyone of or offend anybody, I was just curious what everyones views are.
I think muzzleloading firearm technology is about as far as it can go now. There may be minor improvements in the designs like what T/C did to the Encore (breechplug and such), but the actions availible are pretty well set (we may see minor variations).I do believe we'll see still cleaner burning powders and better designed muzzleloading bullets and sabots. It's possible that I'm wrong though, there may be a ways yet to go.