HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where is it headed (not to start an argument)
Old 02-27-2006, 08:24 PM
snowman69

Default Where is it headed (not to start an argument)

Have any of you guys wondered where muzzleloading is headed? I mean for me I have been a long time hunter, Mostly rifle and recurve but last year I wanted to get into muzzleloading.

So I bought a Traditions Pursuit LT and it was a good muzzleloader. Which I decided to sell only a few mths after I got it because I wanted something a little more traditional like a t/c hawkens.

Anyways what I am trying to get is when it comes to modern muzzleloaders the range of them keeps increasing and to me it seems that if I wanted to hunt with something can take down a deer out to 200-250yrds I would use my rifle. When I think of going hunting with a muzzleloader I think of getting close not as close as hunting with a bow but within 75yrdsand less at most 100yrds with open sights andwearing my buckskins and coyote fur hat and charcol on my face.

Please remember that I am not trying to pi$$ anyone of or offend anybody, I was just curious what everyones views are.