HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scored in Va
Thread: Scored in Va
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 06:37 PM
beagleman28
Fork Horn

Default Scored in Va

I had a few days off from teaching because of the fools shooting up Va and Md. Monday was a slow day. I saw a few deer late in the evening in an oak flat. The place I hunt has about 50 acres of field in beans. I noticed the other night that the deer were always out in the field when I drove out of the farm. I decided that I would hunt the field on Tuesday. Tuesday morning as I was driving in a huge buck was standing in the driveway leading up to the farm house. I didn't want to hunt right on the field because I figured that I would spook the deer getting into the stand. I hunted off the field about 50 yards that morning and let a smaller racked 6 pt walk. I could hear several deer grunting as they walked through the field. That evening, I hunting right on the field. About 6:00 deer started coming into the field. I saw two nice bucks about 550 yards across the field. I rattled and grunted at the deer but they didn't seem interested. As they fed trough the field I used my primos doe bleat can. One of the bucks came running in and I shot the deer at 23 yards. The 6 pointer ran about 80 yards and died in the field. He has an 18 inch spead and is my biggest with a bow. A few minutes later a big 10 pointer chased seven does in the field. He passed my stand at 65 yards. The same big buck I saw that morning. He wouldn't come to the grunt call or anything else I tried. All he was interested in was chasing the does. I saw a total of 21 deer that night. It was one of those hunting days that doesn't happen often. http://community.webshots.com/user/beagleman28

Edited by - beagleman28 on 10/24/2002 20:44:05