HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey with a rifle???
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 04:23 PM
whitetailman1982

Default RE: Turkey with a rifle???

As you said, we do have 2 points of enterest. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with shooting turkeys with a rifle. If it is leagal, where ever you are hunting. I have killed plenty of them with a rifle and a shotgun, and neither of them do anything for me anymore. IfI were a turkey enthusiast, I would probably choose to hunt with a bow. Just because, I have done it somany timesthe other ways, that it is nota thrill to me anymore.However, I can see that other people have not had the chances that I have had. To me,it doesn't matter what some onekilles a"big gobbler" with, but the factthat they can call them up close enought to kill.I say big gobbler because, I don't know how it is up there, but here, Jakes in the spring, are the dumbest animal that walkes the face of the planet. I have called as many as 9 in at one time. None of which I shot. In my opinion, use what you use best. Some people use different weapons better than others, so there is no use of trying to force a opinion upon someone.