HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Plastic tip and spire point,or Hollow point
Old 02-26-2006, 03:46 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Plastic tip and spire point,or Hollow point

Lee,

It must be one of those gunthings, the 200 XTP's (and talking the 10mm 200 XTP's not the 45's) shoot better for me with 110 grains of T7 than they do with a 100 grains...

If they were legal in Idaho, I would use them even for a 200 yard shot. You have seen my ballistic print out and I have shoot them at paper plates at 175 yards. Here is the deal for me - for me to consider a 200 yard shot all of the elemnts would need to be in my favor. If the elements we in my favor - I would take the 200 little + yards if I needed to with the XTP - the energy is there and I know the flight path - everything else being equal... but her is the other half - for me and all the years I have been in Idaho - both deer and elk - I could count on one hand how many 150 yard shots I have taken either with the 270 or the 300 win mag. I might need a part of the other to count 100 + yard shots, I think I can easily say 90% of my shot are under 100 - so the XTP will work fine for me.

Just my 2 bits...