HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - @@@ Disc Elite 45cal-Updated Results! @@@
Old 02-26-2006, 03:01 PM
LaneNebraska
Typical Buck

Default RE: @@@ Disc Elite 45cal Users-Some Results! @@@

The cool part was the Round Ball Express I was hoping for a birdshot effect....but all I could see was 1 hole every time. So I shot some into the cliff side and dug them out. The pic next to the PR sabot is2 roundballs merged into one! Thats the way it works with that much powder behind them. They stay squished together even 112yards down range.

I loaded the sabot first and compressed the powder very firmly. Then I dropped the first RB down the barrel and seated it with the bare end of the ramrod, push easy and you can feel it seat to the bottom of the sabot. Then drop the second ball down and seat it, it will only go a smidge, but you can feel it seat as well. Now you got a 140g of RB stacked and ready to fire

I put 2 roundballs in the holes of the target above to show the impact of two successive shots. I hope you can make them out, on the right hand side of the Bull by the writing.

Also shot some 225g power belts, the recovered bullet on the far left is max 120g powder charge, the one to the right of it is 80g charge. I doun't care who ya are that's A LOT of expansion!

For those who wiegh their powder, this session I used exactly 110.5 grains Actual Wieght of Pinnacle 3Fg as measured by my RCBS 501 balance beam scales

Well, I had a Bunch of fun yesterday! Still gotta get to a 200 yard range some day.