HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whisker Biskit or drop down rest??
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Proff
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biskit or drop down rest??

Well I guess I am gonna be "old school" here.... Muzzy Zero Effect!!Kinda weird to consider the ZE old school but when you see the amount of drop aways since the ZE was the big new item of discussion I guess it would be considered old. Seriously, I have been using a ZE for about7 or soyears and on 4 different bows and I just can't make myself change. It isn't the prettiset thing but man it works and it makes me happy and confident. On the other hand, I have set up Whisker Biscuits on three buddies bows and they absolutely love them and wouldn't change. I will say that they all did lose anywhere from 2-4 fps. with them and they did have some wear on their vanes for a little while ,but that always went away after the bristles softened a little bit in time. really, as in all equipment questions, it all boils down to what each person likes. You have to make that decsion yourself. It seems to me that these days everyone gets so caught up on speed and squeezing out every fps. they can get out of thier bows. Man it just isn't that big of an issue with me. I mean, the extra speed is nice, butI remember killing deer with my old High Country Hunter and a heavy old aluminum log with a 125 Thunderhead on the front of it, and none of those deer died any BETTER than the ones shot withmy Outback with 391 gr. GT's. If you like what you shoot and you stick your broadhead in the lungs, it works!!!Good luck on your choice, I think you will like it either way.