HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Box call maker...
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Turkey Addict

Default RE: New Box call maker...

Hey Guys/Gals,

I am going to get a web site going in in the future. I Thank Maytom for promoting me here. I don't want to step over fourm rules by advertising on the fourm. I can Build them out of about any wood combo you can think of. Yellow Poplar, Black Walnut, Red Cedar, Butternut,Mahogany, Cherry, Purple Heart, Osage orange, I have even tried Birch and Big tooth aspen with good success. I have found that you can build a good sounding box out of about any thing.There are a few critical areas in a box call that once you can make right every time... the box will work good. Different woods yeild different sounds.If the critical areas are right the box will talk turkey almost regardless of what wood it is made from. On another note, Two boxes of the same wood combo will not quite sound the same. To meit is all fascinating. I am not yet ready to take orders so to speak. Not that I won't take orders,I have a threeorders right now. Butas I siad beforemy goalfor this spring is to build a call foreach one of my friends. Idon't want to bite off more than I can chew. I am using one of my friends shop to buildcalls in, and I am building my own shop here at home right now. My Goal is to place in next years Midwest Convention's competition, after that I plan to sell some.Building Turkey calls isvery rewarding, It can be frustrating at times too. The first time you chalk up a lid and attach it tothe box it is like hearingyour childs first words. I can't wait to call up a gobbler with one of my own calls this spring. If any one else has ever considered building there own calls I would have to say go for it! You won't know untill you try.. in fact that applies toany thing you aspire to in life. Thanks for all the kind words and support.

Jerry