HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey with a rifle???
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 09:05 PM
whitetailman1982

Default RE: Turkey with a rifle???

Ok cods, if you are going to open your mouth get your stories strait. First of all he doesn't have 50000 acres to hunt on, I do. Second of all if you will notice that his site says 100% opportunity. If I were a bettin man, I would probably guess that means that he has an abundance of turkey. Knowing the mentality of turkey hunters, I wouldalsopresume that if a hunter wereto payto bow hunt a turkeyhe/she is good enough to take that particular animal.I would guess about 80% of the people that bow hunt are not good enough to do so. Those people that are not good enough to do so, should probably use a shotgun. I also noticed that his site said, "semi guided." Probably meaning that he points the client in the right direction, gives boundry instructions, and lets the hunter go on his/her own. What I see when I read "shotgun and archery only," is "I won't allow some idiot to shoot cross his/her boundry and hit another client."If the clienthas any sence at all most likely will not happen with a shotgun or bow. Now to your secondpoint. Turkeys are pests inmy part ofTexas. We do notoutfitt hunts on this ranch at this point. My job is to take ourquantity of deer and turnthem into quality. ThereforeI feed and manage the deer we have. I have 44 feeders on thisranch, total. About half of those feeders, the deer can't get to because of your little feathered friends. I know what your probably thinking, "move them." That would be a great idea, but where everI move the feeders, the turkeys move also. If I had my way, and finances I would pay your overeducated ass to come anililate the little pests. Obvioulsly, you are from an inferior state that is completely oblivious to the point of wild life management.