HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BUSTED..... and ..... BUSTED
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 10:43 AM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default BUSTED..... and ..... BUSTED

Well, the biggest "BUSTED" is it looks like they got the snipers that have been making life around here a little awkward. It appears they got the real guys and we don't have to hide behind the car while we fill up anymore. My wife can go back to mall monitoring and I can mow the lawn without a flak jacket.

The other busted is... I got busted this AM. That hasn't happened to me in a long time. I figured I'd found the perfect set up, had the perfect wind and had about 5 trails crossing all around me on the edge of this thicket. I was 18 yards off a big scrape with a rub line you could follow in the dark. So, I set up, it gets daylight and this deer stands up 35 yards away. She feeds away and disappears. I look back where she stood up and see there's another deer laying there. I gawk and watch for an hour and then I realize she got up and moved into the brush while I was looking elsewhere. 30 minutes later without due patiences I decided to take a seat. I'm 25 feet up nestled in some greenery on a big double tree. The main trail comes straight at me about 45 yards out and then turns up toward the scrape. When I moved this old doe was standing right where the trail makes the bend with the only possible angle to see me. She caught me. No ***** footing around. She was out of there. I don't think I've been busted like that in 2 or 3 years. Good set up screwed up for a few days. What a shame.