HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey with a rifle???
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 12:53 PM
doubleA
Typical Buck

Default RE: Turkey with a rifle???

.if you're huntin turkeys with rifles, you're wrong, I don't care whats legal and what isn't. .........
In my opinion, that's a pretty narrow minded statement. As the saying goes......"guns dont kill people, people kill people". Funny as it only takes a few hunters doing things that areplain wrong to brand all other responsible and legalhunters "snipers". With the news last week of Vice President Cheny shooting a fellow hunter while quail hunting should we take the stand of using a shotgun for quail as wrong, maybe throwing a rock would have been safer.

With that attitude I suppose ......if your quail with a shotgun you are wrong, I dont care what's legal and what isnt......

I also dont understand the arguement of shooting a rifle on level ground for turkey as wrong, when deer hunting on the same land for deer is it not the same? Maybe I am missing something because I live in a state where 95 percent of the land is privately owned and dont have every weekend warrior that owns a gun going after the same game animal as I am.