HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Cold Cam-Trackers
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2002, 12:14 PM
NorthJeff
Typical Buck

Default RE: Extreme Cold Cam-Trackers

Shed,

I've taken pictures of mostly 2.5 year old bucks-a few times each though. I've seen running tracks from my camera, but I've also had many mature does, and a couple of yearling bucks feed continuously right in front of the camera, getting a new picture every 2 minutes, or 5 or whatever I have it set on. Some does have actually walked up to it evidently getting a whif of it.

I don't think I'll ever put it on a great scrape or rub-line and take a chance. All my cameras are on food plots/mineral sights, or one time placements during the summer on trails that cross a 2-track. Your right though, my pictures become less frequent as time goes on. If I move the cameras in a food-plot, I get a boost in pictures again until the new site takes hold. I sit very rarely on my food plots, but one of the times this year I had a deer actually look over at the camera and it seemed to run by the spot. The deer was far enough away to get it's picture taken, but it seemed nervous about it. I don't feel that on a food plot it really matters, but I don't put any right by a tree stand, or in my hidden buck spots.

Jeff...U.P. of Michigan.