HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Left eyed, and right handed????
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Rickmur
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Left eyed, and right handed????

I'm left handed and right eye dominate and have shot left handed all my life. Like Greg I qualified expert in the Army with all weapons. Last year I took the advice of Len and tried to master shooting righthanded, even bought a right handed bow. His reasoning was of course the dominate eye issue but as an added advantage I would be able to shoot from a tree from either side by wearing a release on both hands. Now you can't do this with any bow, the Hoyt Tec Riser is an example and is presently my left handed bow. I shot good from the right sideright out of the gates at his shopbut am still very uncomfortable shooting from that side and would be very hesitant about drawing from that side on that once in a lifetime buck. Right now I want a new bow to put my Hoyt in a backup roll and am still unsure what to do, keep this righthanded bow or sell it and buy another lefthanded one. It's like why fix a wheel if it ain't broken. My advice would be start him out with his dominate eye. The older you are the harde it is to change.