HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need Information on Moose Hunting in Maine
Old 02-16-2006, 08:16 PM
SSgt.Bill Page

Default RE: Need Information on Moose Hunting in Maine

Well I definitely understand that the chances for tagaren't the greatest,but you cantwin if you don't play. My sister in law has had pretty good luck with the lottery. Shes got tags 4 out of 7 years now. So the oddsseem to bein her favor.
I've already started looking at topo maps of the areas she has applied for and the terrain doesn't look any rougher than some of theplaces in the Smokies whereIve hunted bear.Long rucks to find a shootable animaldoesn't botherme the walk is half the adventure.
This is probably going to be furthest Ill ever travel to hunt on my own. Military pay and a large Family dose not equate to faroff hunting trips. I've wanted to make a trip to Canada and newfoundland for BIG bucks, bear,caribou,or Moose. But thats a pipe dream until I can kick the kids out of the proverbial nest and retire from the Air force. Now don't get me wrong I am happilygoing to do some real traveling for a hunting trip soon.The military generously fronting the bill for a hunting expedition for the "Great Desert Sand Monkey". I am not sure if my ol' Lady will let me hang one on the wall or how much it'll cost to get one stuffed but those arebridges to becrossed in the future.