HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING
Old 02-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Windwalker7
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING

TRUE STORY

Years ago I was archery hunting in West Virginia. back then your first deer with a bow could be either sex but the second had to be a buck. This farm was loaded with deer. It was easy, back then, to see 30 or 40 deer a day with none being bucks.

I already hadgot adoe earlier in the seasonand had been hunting for a buck.

It was late mourning.I wasstill hunting along the edge of a clearing when I got those intestinal cramps every hunter knows. I had to go now.I got out my toilet paper I always carry and un buckled my pants. I was squatting thereand just dropped a couple terds when I looked up and saw a deer starring at me about 70 yds away. I looked through my binoculars and saw that it was a legal spike. What was I to do? I was caught with my pants down.

Iput one knee down and watched through the binoculars. It ducked its head up and down a few times and kept starring. It then walked to the edge of the clearing and jumped a barbed wire fence. It started sneaking up along the fence toward me. As it went behind some brush, I got my bow ready but still knelt there with my pants down. It got closer. As it went behind a large oak, I drew my bow. It stepped out and stood there. I released and stuck the arrow through the ribs. I had just shot my first buck with a bow and I did it while taking a crap.